Thursday 20 July 2017

16 Badass Arya Stark Quotes From 'Game Of Thrones'

Arya Stark
 Arya Stark has long been a favorite character for 'Game of Thrones' fans and it's easy to see why. The youngest daughter of the late Ned Stark has a sharp mind and a tongue to match. In a show where female characters are often downtrodden, Arya, portrayed by actress Maisie Williams, has always stood out as a powerful and independent figure, even as a young girl.

 Of course, as Tywin Lannister once noticed, Arya can also sometimes be too smart for her own good. That description rang true at the end of Season 5, as Arya went blind in the House of Black and White as a punishment following her quest for revenge in Braavos. But if history is any indication, don't expect this latest hardship to keep Arya down for long once 'Game of Thrones' Season 6 premieres on April 24. 
Here are 16 of Arya Stark's best quotes from 'Game of Thrones'. 

Arya Stark
Arya Stark: Joffrey...Cersei...Walder Frey...Meryn Trant...Tywin Lannister...The Red Woman...Beric Dondarrion...Thoros of Myr...Illyn Payne...The Mountain...
The Hound: Would you shut up?
Arya Stark: I can't sleep until I say the names.
The Hound: The names of every f---ing person in Westeros?
Arya Stark: Only the ones I'm going to kill.


Arya Stark
Anyone can be killed.

Arya Stark
Face, tits, balls, I hit 'em right where I wanted to.

Arya Stark
I wasn't playing. And I don't want to be a lady.

Arya Stark
All of you better run or my brother will kill you, he's a Stark. He's more wolf than man, and so am I.

Arya Stark
My father is Hand of the King. I am not a boy, I am Arya Stark of Winterfell and if you lay a hand on me my father will have both of your heads on spikes. Now, are you going to let me by, or do I have to smack you on the ear to help you with your hearing?

Arya Stark
Someday I'm going to put a sword through your eye and out the back of your skull.


Not today.

Arya Stark
A bruise Is a lesson… and each lesson makes us better.

Arya Stark
Valar Morghulis.

Arya Stark
Nothing’s worth anything to dead men.

Arya Stark

Nothing isn't better or worse than anything. Nothing is just nothing.

Arya Stark
Jon Snow: First lesson: stick 'em with the pointy end.
Arya Stark: I know which end to use.


Arya Stark
Tywin Lannister: Take that back to the kitchen. Eat what you want.
[Arya takes a plate with mutton and turns to leave]
Tywin Lannister: Girl...
[Arya freezes in fear, unsure what Tywin intends]
Tywin Lannister: M'lord.
[Arya turns to Tywin, stares at him confused]
Tywin Lannister: Lowborn girls say "m'lord", not "my lord". If you're going to pose as a commoner, you should do it properly.
Arya Stark: [defiantly] My mother served Lady Dustin for many years, MY LORD. She taught me how to speak proper... properly.
Tywin Lannister: [amused] You're too smart for your own good. Has anyone told you that?
Arya Stark: [smiles] Yes.
Tywin Lannister: Go on.

Arya Stark
Arya Stark: You're a liar.
Gendry: You know you shouldn't insult people that are bigger than you are.
Arya Stark: Then I wouldn't get to insult anyone.
Arya Stark
Arya Stark: You promised you'd help me.
Jaqen H'ghar: Help was not promised, lovely girl. Only death. There must be others. Give a name, any name.
Arya Stark: And you'll kill them? Anybody?
Jaqen H'ghar: By the Seven New Gods and the Old Gods beyond counting, I swear it.
Arya Stark: All right. Jaqen H'ghar.
Jaqen H'ghar: A girl gives a man his own name?
Arya Stark: That's right.
Jaqen H'ghar: Gods are not mocked. This is no joking thing.
Arya Stark: I'm not joking. A man can go kill himself.
Jaqen H'ghar: Un-name me.
Arya Stark: No.
Jaqen H'ghar: *Please?*
Arya Stark: I'll un-name you.
Jaqen H'ghar: Thank you.
Arya Stark: *If* you help me and my friends escape.
Jaqen H'ghar: [scoffs] This would require more than one life. This is not part of our bargain.
Arya Stark: Fine. Jaqen H'ghar.
Jaqen H'ghar: A girl lacks honor.
[Arya shrugs]

No comments:

Post a Comment