Thursday 20 July 2017

Clever Lord Varys Quotes From 'Game Of Thrones'

Varys
Lord Varys, better known within King's Landing as "The Spider," is of the most skilled manipulators on HBO's 'Game of Thrones'. During the first few seasons of the show, Varys managed a large network of spies that he used, officially at least, to protect the king and the realm as the "Master of Whisperers". But longtime viewers know that The Spider, played by actor Conleth Hill, often used these connections for his own purposes.

 Varys may be an eunuch (which in the world of Westeros means that his, um, manhood has been removed) but his lack of cojones has never stopped him from taking a great risk from time to time. Varys played a large role in getting Tyrion Lannister out of King's Landing at the end of Season 4 and the duo is now tasked with keeping the city of Meereen under the control of Daenerys Targaryen. Varys may no longer be Master of Whisperers at King's Landing but that doesn't mean his "little birds" have stopped singing.
Here are 20 of Lord Varys' best quotes from 'Game of Thrones'.
Varys
"I am the master of whisperers. My role is to be sly, obsequious, and without scruples."

Varys
"Tyrion Lannister is one of the few people alive who could make this country a better place. He has the mind for it, he has the will, he has the right last name."

Varys
"If the wrong ears heard what I'm about to tell you, off comes my head. And who would mourn poor Varys then? North or south, they sing no songs for spiders. But there are things you must know. You are the King's Hand and the king is a fool. Your friend, I know, but a fool, and doomed unless you save him."

Varys
"[I serve] the realm my lord, someone must."

Varys
"I have no doubt the revenge you want will be yours in time."

Varys
"The storms come and go, the waves crash overhead, the big fish eat the little fish, and I keep on paddling."

Varys
"I understand your misgivings, my lord. Truly, I do. It is a terrible thing we must consider, a vile thing. Yet we who presume to rule must sometimes do vile things for the good of the realm. Should the gods grant Daenerys a son, the realm will bleed."

Varys
"Any fool with a bit of luck can find himself born into power. But earning it for yourself, that takes work."

Varys
Tyrion Lannister: I still don't see why I had to stay in this f***ing crate once we set sail.
Lord Varys: I saved your life. If they catch you, they catch me. I cannot say I feel overly guilty about leaving you in that f***ing crate.


Varys
"I don't believe in saviors. I believe men of talent have a part to play in the war to come."

Varys
Petyr Baelish: Tell me... does someone somewhere keep your balls in a little box? I've often wondered.
Lord Varys: Do you know I have no idea where they are? And we had been so close.

No comments:

Post a Comment